"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Monday, November 14, 2011

The Hunger Games

I just finished reading book one of The Hunger Games yesterday.  I would have blogged about it, but I was exausted.  Come to think of it, I'm STILL really tired.  I guess that mean's I'm going to have to keep this somewhat short.

First, of all, I LOVED the book!  Next, I'm going to have to borrow Rachel's copy of the second book, Catching Fire.  I can't wait to read what happens next!  The beginning of this book was a bit slow, and I'll admit the story was sad, but it was almost impossible to put down!  I NEED to read more!

For those of you who have read the book, how many of you are completely and utterly disappointed with the casting for the upcoming movie?  [Raises hand] I know I am!  The characters are NOTHING like I pictured in my head.  Disappointment.

Not sure if I'm going to see the movie or not.  I feel like most of the time, the movies are so completey different from what I have in my head, and I'm not sure if I want my illusions to be shattered.  Maybe I'll let everyone else go and get some opinions once they get back. After that, I can always rent the film on DVD at the library.

1 comment:

  1. I need to borrow them from my friend. I want to read them, but I just haven't had time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)