"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, September 14, 2012

Contemplations

The rain softens my
heart of stone and turns my thoughts
to the arms of men.

I'm not a romantic.  I will never be a romantic.  But, on rainy days, as I curl up in my frigid dorm room, dressed in too many layers to keep myself warm, sometimes I wish there was a guy to cuddle with.  Sometimes I have someone particular in mind.  I know I do today.  And he's so perfect in every way, but it just won't work out for so many reasons.  It's not a sad thing, just a melancholy feeling that comes knocking on my door sometimes in the cold and the dark, in the rain and the night.  It's the driving force that keeps me writing; that spark in my gut that makes me remember that I'm alive, and that my heart is not fully dead within me.

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of a sad thing :(

    How do you figure, you're not a romantic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm not a romantic because I don't allow myself to be one. Maybe it's because the "classic romantics" in my life seem to have it all wrong, and I don't want to end up like that. I don't know...I just feel that so many "romantic" sentiments are cheesy and overdone. That's all. I think that love can be beautiful, but I haven't found it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)