"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Sunday, April 21, 2024

Announcing Summer Reading 2024!

"We have an idea for your summer reading theme!" Ahmed and Kilbronson say, nearly tripping over each other in their attempt to get to me first.  I look up from my Murdle game with what I can only describe as mild apprehension.

"You do."

They nod enthusiastically, and Ahmed spreads his hands, palms out, like he's drawing a rainbow: "Americana!"

"Americana?"

"Yes!" adds Kilbronson.  "Specifically the wild, untamed Americana!  The open plains!"

"Cowboys!"

"Teddy Roosevelt!"

"Bigfoot!"

"Little House on the Prairie!"

I close my laptop with a sigh.  I'm not going to finish my Murdle anytime soon.  "Well, it certainly sounds like you put a lot of thought into this," I say, slowly.  "And I'll be honest, I've been wanting to read more about Teddy Roosevelt..."

They nod in tandem.  Their smiles could not have been broader.

"Well, okay then," I say.  "Let's do it.  We have just over a month.  Let's get some books!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)