"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Thursday, May 7, 2015

Summer Reading 2015!


Hello, everyone!  I'm super-excited to announce that my summer is finally here!  I had a paper due yesterday at noon, so I am officially done with classes, now!  And of course, the end of classes means the start of summer, so it is time to start posting my summer reading titles!

I haven't gotten any feedback about summer reading suggestions this year, so I'm going to be super-boring and use my Goodreads reading list as the basis of my selections.  My theme is called: To Read or Not to Read (as a reference to the "To Read" list on Goodreads and other sites).  It might sound a bit lame, but it's going to give me a great chance to start catching up on the huge list of books I've been wanting to read!  (Don't believe me?  While I may be prone to exaggeration, I think even the most skeptical would agree that 1,238 books counts as a pretty sizable amount!)

So, that's where I'm starting right now.  This summer, you're going to get a dose of everything.  A little of this, and a little of that.  To start with, I'll let you in on what I'm reading right now: Her Death of Cold: A Father Dowling Mystery by Ralph McInerny.  An old woman dies under mysterious circumstances and is found in her large storage freezer in the basement.  Everyone is a suspect, including her children.  The local parish priest, Father Dowling is curious to discover what is going on, and teams up with the town's head detective to find out the truth.

Looking forward to reading with you this summer!  Tell me about what you're reading, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)