"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Tuesday, September 15, 2015

He Might Be a Keeper If...

As cliched as it sounds, in looking for a suitable dating partner, I want to find someone who "gets" me.  And the more I embrace myself as a person, the more I realize that a lot of people out there are just not going to be able to fill that void.  There are people out there who could date just about anyone, but I find that I need a special someone who gets me on all those weird and quirky levels that makes up me.

Like tonight.  Just hanging out, watching clips from the Alan Arkin/Christopher Lee film The Return of Captain Invincible on YouTube.  I just requested it at the library, and I'm super-excited :)

Possible conversation?

Boyfriend: Hey :)
Emmy: Hey :)
BF: What you doing?
Em: Sitting around in my pajamas, watching clips from The Return of Captain Invincible.  You?
BF: That sounds awesome...can I join you?

That's all I want. Someone who appreciates my love of obscure movies.

(By the way, I'm including one of the clips here for your viewing pleasure)




I'll let you know what I think of the movie as a whole once I finally get to watch it ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing ... with all of the people in this whole, wide World, you'd think this whole, 'finding-a-partner' issue would be a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)