"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Reflection

The weather was much cooler today than it has been.  It's already starting to feel like fall, even though we're about a month away.  I sat outside after dinner and did some reading, but I'm not used to these chillier temperatures yet, and my toes were freezing in my flip-flops.

The other day, my coworkers were joking about getting me a boyfriend, and I was quick to discourage the idea.  But, it would be nice.  I'm nearly thirty and still single.  I have not had anyone who made an impression on me in a while--I mean really made an impression, like made me think I could actually see a future with him--not since Movie Boy, and that was five or so years ago.

I feel a little sad, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm lonely or just nostalgic for the changing leaves.

4 comments:

  1. I love when I think of somebody and they just appear!
    Yesterday I said to myself, 'I wonder how Emmy is doing and if she's found that boy of her dreams yet.' And here you are ...POOF!... answering my question, no less. Don't much like that you're a little sad and lonely, but maybe a deliciously golden autumn will remedy that situation ... it's a wonderfully romantic time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Steve! It's funny...I was thinking about you, too, so I'm very happy to see that you commented on my post! A little sad and lonely, yes, but hopefully fall will bring some pleasant things with it. If nothing else, I have the beautiful leaves, my birthday, and Halloween to look forward to :) Thanks for thinking of me!

      Delete
  2. I feel ya. I'm almost 36 and still single. I really love summer, but always feel like winter is something to be endured. Because of that, I always feel a little down when summer ends as well. I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)