"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Return to the Blog??


So....It's been a while since I've actually, really blogged on here.  And I'm not sure how many of you readers are still out there. But, on the off chance that some of you lovely people are still floating around (and you know who you are!), I thought I'd try to resurrect the old blog.

I've recently come to the conclusion that I need to read more of the classics.  Modern books just aren't doing it for me the way they used to, and I'm finding that I'm generally frustrated with weak plot twists, poorly written romance, and just general drivel.  Not saying that all contemporary writers are bad, but lately, I've been picking all the bad ones.

Those of you who follow me on Goodreads (I'm linking my account if you want to follow me) might know that I'm in a book group called "Catching up on Classics, where we read...the classics.  (I'm also linking that here).  We have four or five titles a month, and it's really a lot of fun.

When I first started this blog, I would write about the books I was reading for school (and for fun).  I miss doing that, so this is going to be my attempt at starting up again.  Ideally, I'll write about the books I'm reading, including supplementary information, like videos, articles, and other readers' reviews.  It should be a lot of fun!

I miss blogging, and I miss you all.   If you're still out there (and again, my most devoted blogging friends know who they are!) I would love to start up the conversation again!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Frog and Toad are my favorites. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mellie! Good to be back :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)