"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Sunday, June 20, 2021

Summer Reading 2021


All aboard the good ship Arabella (named for the ship in Rafael Sabatini's adventure story, Captain Blood).  Today, I want to talk about my Summer Reading theme for the year: A Summer at Sea. 

So, I know what you're thinking.  Yeah, yeah, this is one of Emmy's summer reading posts that never amounts to anything.  And, yes.  You're probably right.  But, this year, I'm really going to try.  I'm going to actually have a theme and stick with it.  And it's going to be awesome!

So, as I said, this year's theme is A Summer at Sea.  Not to be confused with any of my previous Summer Reading themes:

  • 2010: Gothic Novels
  • 2011: Scary Stories and Mythical Monsters
  • 2012: A Summer in Middle Earth
  • 2013: Summer School
  • 2014: It's a Mystery!
  • 2015: To Read or Not to Read
  • 2016: Professional Fan-Fiction
  • 2017: [Skipped this year]
  • 2018: Monster Mash
  • 2019: [Skipped this year]
  • 2020: [Skipped this year]
  • 2021: A Summer at Sea
As I've attempted in previous years, I'll provide lists of the books I'm reading as well as reviews.  If you want to see EVERYTHING I read, you can check out my Goodreads account here.

So, toss on your rain slickers, hoist the mainsail, and raise the anchor, because we're going out to sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)