"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, January 2, 2021

The Skunch


Okay, so this has been making me laugh way more than it should.  And today, I'm going to explain why.

So, on the surface, funny picture, right?  But, what got me was the caption.  And I know what you're thinking.  Ha ha, sorta funny, right?  But, it gets better.

First, it's this derpy Grinch.  And I love it so much.  I would totally put that up in my yard.  It looks great!  But, it clearly is not a perfect Grinch.   But, then you read the caption and it's referred to as the Skunch.  Which means that this is not a mistake--this is its own thing!  (Oh, wow!)

And then, the first part of the line: "Oh shit".  Not only is this the Skunch, which is now a known quantity, but the Skunch elicits a reaction that is less than positive.  This is not "hooray" or "oh boy!" or even "hey, look".  No, this reaction implies that the speaker is not happy to see the Skunch.  And judging by the look on its face, it knows this.  The Skunch is a thing to be feared.  And it knows where you are.

The first time I showed this to someone, I laughed until I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)