"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Thursday, December 20, 2012

Let the Reviews Begin!

I'm so glad to be home from college for a whole month...if nothing else, just to start reading for fun again!  That means I'll have more time to compose reviews as well....so be on the lookout for my commentaries on various works.  I'm currently reading The Lost Books of the Odyssey (halfway there), so a review should hopefully be here by Festivus (Dec. 23).  In the meantime, I'll be busy reading, reading, reading :)

I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird for the nth time the other day.  And I just have to say that this book just gets better and better every time I read it!  I always find something new and beautiful in the text, which is something I certainly can't say about every book I read.

I wasn't really planning on writing a review for To Kill a Mockingbird, but if any of you are supremely disappointed as a result, just let me know and I'll see what I can whip up.  In the meantime, I just wanted to give a heads up as to my reading selections and the excited gusto in which I hope to tear through these texts!

On an unrelated note, the end of the year is coming.  And that means that my reading challenge for Goodreads will either be met, or it will not.  And so far, I've read 48 out of 50 books.  I have just over a week to read two more books.  I'm really hoping I reach my goal!  Next year's goal will be dependant on what I read this year.  If I make 50, then next year will be 50, too.  If I only make 48, then it'll be 48, and if I go beyond 50, then that will be the goal.  I guess you could say I'm just trying to beat my high score, haha.

Next semester is my final semester of college.  Then, I'll be taking a year off before going on to grad school for Library Science.  I'll be sure to post my book list before the end of the year so you guys can check out the cool stuff I'll be reading.  It should be a lot of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)