"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer Reading Wrap-up Review #1

So, I know I've been pretty terrible about posting book reviews this summer....I've been posting on Goodreads, but when it comes to blogging, I've been such a lazy bum.  So, to make up for it, I'm going to try and make a few BIGGER posts, containing the highlights of the summer's reading selection over here in the wonderful world of Emmy.

First, I thought I'd dredge up those books that fit into my Summer Reading Theme of "Summer School".  And well, that list is going to be painfully short.  How short, Emmy?  I can hear you asking.  Well....one.  I read ONE book for my summer reading theme.  In total, though, I did read a healthy 29 books, and I'm still working on my 30th (I'm ending "summer" at Labor Day, so I have until Monday to finish with 30 books.  That means that about 3% of my summer reading actually fit in with my theme.  And that is pretty sad.  Not that I'm beating myself up over it.  I mean, I had a great time reading those 28 other books.

I was considering doing a post about the best and worst of my summer reading, but I think, since most of the books I read were fours and fives, I'm NOT going to write about the best.  (Unless you really want me to).  But, I think I might do a post about the worst.  Sort of like a cautionary tale.  "Don't read this shit" kinda thing.  Not sure yet.  I'm just sort of making this up as I go.

I guess I'd say just expect some more summer reading posts from me in the next few days.  And come this fall, perhaps we can come up with a sort of schedule for my book reviews, or something like that?  If you have any suggestions (like a big post at the end of each week, or post as I read, or whatever, just let me know).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)