"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Sunday, August 18, 2013

Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat (Hal Herzog)

First, I would like to start off my first book review in a good, long while by saying I really like Hal Herzog.  And by that, I don't mean I liked his book, per se.  I mean, I really like him as a person.  Like, I would be perfectly happy to sit down and have dinner with this guy, talking about his next book, his family, his cats, etc.  I just think he seems like a really cool guy.

That being said, while I did enjoy his book, it certainly is not something I would read again.  It's nothing against Hal.  Not at all.  As I said before, he seems like a really cool person.  It's just that the topic of Anthrozoology (animal/human relations) are not really my top interest priority.  My human/animal relations involve swatting bugs, chasing cats, and shouting over the fence for the neighbor's dog to stop barking at a leaf while I'm trying to read.

Honestly, this is a book I totally judged by it's cover.  I mean, look at it: it's bright yellow and blue and has cute animal silhouettes.  Who wouldn't want to read a book like that?  And also, the title piqued my interest.  I even found myself falling comfortably into the prose as soon as I started reading.

All in all, it was a good book.  But, honestly, not a topic I really have a particular interest in, or one I plan on pursuing further.  I guess it was what it was: something enjoyable to read, and nothing more.  Seriously, though, I'm really tired right now, and I think Imma end this post at that.  If you have questions, post them in the comments, and I can ramble on about them when I'm a bit less sleep-deprived.

[But seriously, if Hal Herzog wanted to grab lunch sometime, to talk about his kids, his wife, or his newest book, I would jump at the chance.]

1 comment:

  1. I might have to read this. Would love to know why I like dogs so much and cats so little.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)