"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, May 21, 2016

Graduation and Adulting

My graduation anniversary was a few days ago.  That means I graduated from college THREE YEARS ago.  I've been adulting for three years now, and I'm not sure how I'm doing it.  I sometimes wonder if someone is going to come up to me and whisper "I know you're not really an adult.  You don't work full time, you still watch cartoons, let's face it--the only difference between you now and you as a kid was that now you can afford to buy all that junk that you used to make your parents buy for you--and you have a car.  That's it."

I mean, I'm not worried, per se.  But, my brother is graduating tomorrow, and my own graduation is coming up at the end of the summer.  I'm starting to realize that soon I won't even have school to back me up.  I'll just be an adult (or someone cleverly masquerading as one).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go build a blanket fort with the Snuggie my grandma gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)