"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Monday, May 30, 2016

SR 2016: Professional Fan-Fiction

It's time for Summer Reading 2016 to officially begin!  For those of you who want to follow along with me, my topic is going to be Professional Fan-Fiction (a wonderful selection suggested by The Brother).  What is professional fan-fiction?  Well, think of it this way.  Fan-fiction consists of stories written by authors about characters they did not create and do not own.  For example, when I was in high school, I started work on a series of books based on The Phantom of the Opera.  What makes these selections "professional," however is that they are officially published, not self-published online.  These are approved books written about a variety of characters and stories.  Think of all the Sherlock Holmes stories not written by Conan Doyle, and you'll get an idea of what I mean.

So, that's our topic this summer.  As I mentioned in my last post, feel free to read along, and suggest some titles of your own.  I'm always on the lookout for good books, as I'm sure you undoubtedly  know.  Also, as I mentioned before, I will not be talking about books that do not pertain to my topic on this blog.  Rather, those can be found by following me on Goodreads.

Looking forward to hearing about all the great stuff you read!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)