"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

5 Things You Might Not Know About Me

I've noticed that lately, this blog has been nothing but reviews of movies and musicals, and I thought I would try breaking that up by adding something about myself...or rather a few thing about myself.

1. My favorite book is Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. I've loved this book since I read it for the first time in my sophomore or junior year of high school. It's just an amazing short novel of life in a small California town in the 1930s. In fact, I love it so much that I talked about it in my college entrance exam essay! For all of you who haven't read it, you have to pick it up!

2. I love dark chocolate way more than milk chocolate. Milk chocolate is good (and I really do love all chocolate), but there's something inherently wonderful about the sharp, slightly bitter taste of dark chocolate. AND...the darker the better :) (Also, dark chocolate covered espresso beans are really good, too!)

3. I'm fascinated by Crypto-zoology but not fringe science. I don't believe in aliens or fairies, but I do believe in Bigfoot, the Yeti, and the Loch Ness Monster. (I'm a bit of the fence about the Chupacabra, leaning toward it being fringe science or a hoax).

4. I knit, sew, paint, and draw but I haven't done much of that recently. Mostly, I've been reading and writing. When I was little, I used to draw comic books, but they were soooo bad! :P And in high school, I took every just about every art class available apart from clay and metal.

5. I have a tendency to get lost in the library, both accidentally and on purpose. Sometimes, I just get distracted and spend hours wandering around the shelves, other times, I take a wrong turn, and have absolutely no idea where I am :P

3 comments:

  1. okay this is kinda unrelated but i saw a film today i think you will like. it's called 'whistle down the wind' and was made in 1961.

    basicly an injured murderer hides out on a lancashire farm and the farmers children mistake the man for jesus.

    and a little bit of trivia, it waas filmed in my town :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Steinbeck is great stuff.
    Dark is best.
    You don't believe in fairies because you haven't seen them yet.
    I hemmed a pair of pants for SWMBO and repaired a pocket on one of my kilts yesterday. Yes on everything but taking art classes.
    I've never gotten lost in a library spatially but I tend to get lost in library's. A hot plate and a hammock and I could live there. I've felt safe and at peace in the library since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read some more Steinbeck. Somehow I avoided it in high school, and then I read East of Eden this Christmas break (and loved it). But then again, he's my ex's favorite author, so I read it because I was still missing him. Now that I don't, I'm narrowing my eyes at Steinbeck like it's his fault. Haha. No, I really want to. Also, I like to paint, draw, and sew. Don't know how to knit, though. That would be cool.

    PS. I have always believed in Nessie. I don't know why, but I feel like she's real. Hahaha! It's still my dream to go to Scotland. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)