"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekly Wodehouse #31




"Indeed? I thought you might possibly have come to explain your behavior of last night."

Mervyn Potter wrinkled his forehead. it was plain that he was at a loss.

"Last night? Behavior?"

"You have forgotten the incident?" said Mr. Anderson, gnashing his teeth slightly. "To refresh your memory, at three o'clock this morning, accompanied by my desk clerk, you invaded my bedroom and gave me a frog."

Mervyn Potter's face cleared.

"Of course, yes. It all comes back to me. My dear fellow, we want no thanks. Keep that frog, J.G. Anderson, and make of it a constant companion."



~P.G. Wodehouse, Barmy in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)