"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What am I Reading?

Guess what, everyone!  I actually have time to READ FOR FUN!!!!!!!  This is a most shocking, really, really awesome development!  As an English Major (and prolly just as a college student in general), I never actually have the time to read just for the heck of it.  I always have something else to do, or something else to read.  Honestly, the last time I read and finished (the keyword here being finished) a book just for fun was during the summer!  And know what's really sad?  I can't even remember what the book was!  (I take that back....I think it was the new book by The Oatmeal).

But,  I'm actually reading a book for fun during school!  This is very, very exciting :)  I mean, yes, I did read Endgame last week, but that was only because I was able to finish it in the two-hour time slot I had in the Writing Center.  If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have read it!  This time, though, I'm actually reading a novel....like a whole book, and it's really nice.  It's Hannibal by Thomas Harris.  Once I finish this, I'll have read all the books in the Hannibal Lecter Trilogy (Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal) , plus the prologue novel Hannibal Rising.  I'll be sure to post updates about it later.  Right now, it's a little slow, but I've found from experience that Thomas Harris novels tend to do that: they start off really slowly, and suddenly grab you by the throat and drag you through a whole plot of horror and thrill.  Sooo worth the wait!

3 comments:

  1. :( I only like cute, happy books... And House of Leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't over do it! I remember that when I finally got to read for fun, I binged on literature, and then I couldn't pick up a book for weeks. Hahaha! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to read two star trek books this semester. I was rather shocked that I was able to fit something like that in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)