"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Emmy Returns

It took an email from one of my blogging friends to make me realize just how absent I've been on this blog.  I mean, I log on several times a week, read your posts, etc., but I haven't been posting anything real and personal lately.  Just movie clips and stuff like that.  I want to apologize.

Earlier this year, I went through a lot of stress and dealt with a lot of crap.  I know some people who read this blog are somewhat connected to everything, and I just didn't want to talk about it.  In other words, I was hiding.  No more.  If I want to talk about something on MY BLOG, I shouldn't be afraid to do that.  I've been yelled at for saying things here--WITHOUT naming names or pointing fingers, just referencing vague groups of people--and I've taken down a lot of posts because I was trying to please everyone.  This is my blog, though.  If I want to talk about things that bother me, I should be able to.  I want you all to know how I'm doing, to share, in a small way, in the good things that happen to me, and to have you there for me when things go wrong.  I don't want to hide.

There are going to be some changes here.  I'm going to talk about things.  You'll be updated more.  I want to be a blogger again, not an anonymous writer.

It's good to be back.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it! I haven't been blogging much lately either. I suppose I too have been hiding. I've started quite a few posts, but I just can't get the motivation to actually finish them. I need to get back to it also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, it was the end of the semester. that alone will drive a person underground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it...and one of the things that I'd love to say to certain people on my Facebook feed who drive me insane, but then they'd just yell at me with more drivel than it's really worth, is that if you're going to write pretty much anything at all, you have to be ready to take criticism, and it's a pill you swallow and move on, so don't worry so much ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)