"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, September 17, 2010

A Girl's Night Out

The wonderful Roomie and I have been stuck in classes all week, and finally decided that we needed a break. So, when the school offered a trip out into the world beyond the campus for dinner and a late-night showing of Easy A, how could we resist?

The dinner was at a local restaurant/bar, which was either full of smoke (with the doors closed) or had the doors open and was freezing cold. The chicken fried rice was amazing, and I almost learned how to use chopsticks--ALMOST.

Easy A was really funny. Starring Emma Stone, its a hilarious chick flick loosely based on Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter. Olive Pendergrast, wallflower, finds herself suddenly in the center of attention at her high school when a rumor gets out that she slept with a college student. Soon, gay guy Brandon asks her to pretend to have sex with him so that people will stop picking on him because of his sexuality. And the rumor starts to grow out of control, as Olive pretends to sleep with guys for gift cards, and begins to wear a red letter "A" on all of her tops in her slutty new wardrobe. But, when she realizes that her life is falling apart, is it already too late to change things? Watch the movie and find out :P

I had a wonderful time tonight, but the strangest thing was this: when I left the movie, there were two guys in my head. One you might have heard about, I won't say for certain...the other one...well, I KNOW I've never mentioned him before. It's going to be interesting I guess. Well...I'm tired; g'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)