"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is It Enough to See You?

I saw you from a distance, walking the edge of the beach.
Your men were nearby, and yet you were not with them.
I was scared, but I approached you anyway,
My gut clenched into too many knots, because I feared what would ensue.

Your whispered name escaped my lips,
And you turned to me at once...
And you smiled. You smiled at me!
I never expected that.

You were kind in your words, gentle, even
And I admit that I was blown away by this reception.
My heart was beating too hard, pounding in my chest
So hard that I thought it bruised my ribs.
You bruised my ribs; bruised my heart.

Nectar lost its sweetness tonight,
Ambrosia tasted like sand in my mouth.
But it was enough to see you,
Your eyes the green of the ocean
And your hair dark with the spray of the sea
And when you looked at me, you consumed me
Body and soul, if only for a second.
I guess I should say thank-you
Because this gave me closure.

And most of all, you remembered me,
Remembered whispered secrets I had given
And you had kept them all this time.
Thinking of that now, I almost want to cry
Because all I could remember is the deepness of your eyes
And the touch of your hand.

I remembered your body
But you remembered my soul.


~Calypso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)