"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

English Major Armadillo

 

I think that these jokes will be most appreciated by Chessie and Sarah, but hopefully most of you will find at least one that you get a kick out of. English Major Armadillo is a fun little meme where everything is an inside joke that English majors would understand. I subscribe to the RSS feed for this Tumblr account, and get myself a daily dose of English major jokes. These are some of my favorites :)

If you don't get one of the jokes, please let me know; I'll be able to fill you in (and don't worry if you were confused; there were a lot that confused me, too.  It just depends on what you've read...)














4 comments:

  1. I like those! I think I get most of them...
    I really like the last one. I totally do that too.
    The very first one is hilarious!
    The Boo Radley one, and the Jane Eyre one are good too.
    For years I've said that I am a closet English major. I would have loved to study literature, but instead I did engineering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHA. So true. Every single one.

    I love the Boo Radley one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a love of literature since I was introduced to it in grade school. I did not know that it was the richness of the English language that captured me until much later in life.
    Believe it or not I get the jokes even the "Boo Radley" one. I have not read "To Kill A Mockingbird" (for some reason I found it depressing) and may never but I know about Boo.
    I associate Armadillos with Texas and Texas jokes but we have them here. I call the one that roots for grubs in my yard "Tex". Original huh? He/She does not say much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)