"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, June 18, 2011

Knitting is Like Golf

Both are supposed to be fun ways to relax, but both are actually super-frustrating.  I've been working on the same piece all evening, but each with each attempt, I'm forced to just unravel it and start again.  I quite simply cannot get it to work for me.  My fingers are killing me, and I'm starting to get a headache.  I honestly love knitting, but it appears that today is just not my day.  It just seems that everything makes me slip up.  About ten minutes ago, I was working on my nth attempt at what I hope will be an afghan for my dorm room when my brother walked into the room and started talking to me.  When I was unresponsive, he left.  I looked down at my piece, and noticed that I had performed the wrong technique (k1 p1 k1 into last stitch, instead of p3tog), which pretty much messed up the whole piece.  And since I'm still a beginner, I'm not very good at fixing a mistake like that.  I pretty much have to ignore it and hope it'll be okay, or start over.  I just unravelled the whole thing.  I'll start it again in the morning, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)