"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, June 10, 2011

LXG Reading Update

I realized that I've been going through my LXG Reading Challenge a bit haphazardly, and as a result, I wasn't really reading anything. So, I've decided to tackle the books in organized chunks. First, I'm going to finish off the vein I've started with The Picture of Dorian Gray, and read the other Gothic novels on the list: Dracula and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. After that, I'll move onto Science Fiction, with The Invisible Man and Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Finally, Adventure: King Solomon's Mines and Tom Sawyer. So, that being said, Dracula is next on the list, and with it, I'm reading several supplemental books on Count Dracula and vampires. This wasn't planned, but I found a ton of interesting Dracula supplements and commentaries just sitting there on the shelf! How is any self-respecting English major/Gothic novel fanatic supposed to pass that up??? Haha; well, that being said, please check back soon for more fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)