"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Monday, April 23, 2012

Pleasure Reading????

That's right, my dear readers!  Lately, I've actually had time for pleasure reading!  During school of all things....and reaching toward finals week!  It's very exciting :)

For those of you who follow me on Goodreads, you've prolly seen that I've been reading Johannes Cabal the Necromancer.  And for those of you who don't follow me on Goodreads, I've been reading Johannes Cabal the Necromancer.  And I've been loving every minute of it!

I'll be sure to post a review real soon (as soon as I finish it), but for the meantime, I'll whet your literary appetites with a short description of the book.... Johannes Cabal, scientist, socially awkward misfit and misanthrope, sold his soul to the devil in order to gain the secrets of necromancy.  But, after years of experimentation, he has learned that to fully realize his powers, he needs his soul back.  So, he just pops down to hell and demands that Satan hand it over.  In an interesting twist on the classic Faustian deal, Satan agrees to return Johannes's soul, but on the condition that he hand over to him 100 souls in one year's time.  And to make things more interesting, he also gives Johannes a travelling circus to aid him in his diabolical business of soul stealing.

The book is dark, diabolical, and damned funny so far.

Like I said before, a review will be posted soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)