"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why Do I Continue To Do This?

I realized today that I'm desperately infatuated with a man who is just a bad match for me, and one whom, if we started dating, would only bring me unhappiness in the long term.  This is worse than previous crushes, mostly because he's the ultimate bad boy intellectual (yes, there is such a thing), I find him completely fascinating, and he's actually rather nice to me (when he chooses to talk).  The more I learn about him, the more I know he's bad for me, and the more he makes me want to back off, but the more I want him at the same time.  We agree on next to nothing, and I'm pretty sure he's a communist.  What have I gotten myself into?  I think I'm going to be fine, though, as long as he doesn't start crushing on me as well....

I think the biggest problem is I kinda just want to be his best friend, but I think right now, in the state I'm in, that's a REALLY bad idea....Oh dear....

2 comments:

  1. Oh mercy. This sounds way, WAY too familiar. Except for the communist bit, he's a dead ringer for the smartass intellectual in a leather jacket with a motorcycle who broke my heart. And HE had a crush on me first.

    My only advice: Run. RUN.

    (But at the same time, I can't help but say, "Who knows? It could be AWESOME.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, my problem is that I find him fascinating, but I know at the same time that we'd kill each other if we tried to be anything other than friends. Right now, I'm just sitting on things.....eventually, I might get the courage to ask him out for coffee and an intellectual discussion, but right now, I'm TERRIFIED of what could happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)