"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two Weeks

That's right!  I only have two weeks until I'm done for the summer!  And I'm eagerly counting down.  This summer, just as in every summer, my goal is to read.  A lot.  And so, I'm trying to craft a reading schedule; or at least a small list of some of the books I want to read.  Right now, my list consists of a few items by Camus (The Plague, and The Stranger), and the sequels to Johannes Cabal: Necromancer.  Oh, and The Hobbit, because, for those of you who weren't aware, there is a movie coming out later this year....And since The Hobbit is one of my favorite books EVER, I just HAVE to see it!!!  And, I guess after I read The Hobbit, I'll have to read the entire Lord of the Rings series, since it has been on my list for forever and a day.  (Sheesh....this "small" list is starting to become a bit more than I had expected!)

So, that being said...does anyone have anything to recommend?  Either in the way of books, or for a summer reading theme?  For those of you who aren't familiar with this, every summer, I choose a theme.  That doesn't mean that all the books I read have to fit this theme, but that I tend to look for books that fit this theme.  The past two years have been something revolving around Gothic novels/the macbre, and while I always enjoy reading scary things, I should prolly try something new this year.  Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!!! We read Camus's The Stranger in.....my senior, yep. We even made an extra credit video of it. Which is on YouTube somewhere. I'll have to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, are you saying you HAVEN'T read Lord of the Rings yet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chess...

    Let me know when you find that video on Youtube; it would be fun to watch (if you don't mind, of course!)

    And yes, that means I haven't read Lord of the Rings yet :( I'm a bit behind on my reading, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. after you read the lord of the rings, you'll have to read the silmarillion. do you want to see the hobbit together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 01, 2012

    Emmy,
    I'm quite agree with reading The Plague and The Stranger. Ahh... Those two are Awesome. I haven't read the Hobbit yet but read The Lord Of The Rings. That's in the top of my favorite list;)
    And how about Lovely Bones and The Blindness and also The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing (as you said you enjoy reading scary things...:))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)