"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, January 13, 2012

Vermin Supreme

Every time I turn on the news, I hear something about the primaries for the presidential election.  I'll be honest, I'm getting sick of it.  I don't like politics.  I think it gets too cut-throat, you know?  And everyone lies.  Jasper Fforde created a character who was the world's only honest politician-- and therein lies the joke.

Honestly, that's why I find New Hampshire primary candidate Vermin Supreme to be so refreshing.  He just says it like it is.  He's honest, he's forward.  He admits that all politicians are rats, and he is the biggest one of all of them.  Still, there is NO WAY I would actually vote for him.  He seems a bit too..extreme for my tastes.  Still, I found him to be very amusing, and I think he is a very gifted grammarian.  Just listen to his word choice; it's beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. One of the postal workers in my town has:

    a)the same disheveled Santa Claus beard which inspires you to ambush him with a razor

    and b)the same ability to blather on about nothing.

    While I would never vote for someone who wears a boot on his head and attempts to sprinkle magic powder on people, the other prospects don't look much better. The GOP candidates are all kind of...eh, Mit Romney is like, the leftover last man standing, and otherwise, Ron Paul and Santorum will be labeled extremists because Ron Paul has nutty followers, and Santorum's once again, too heavy on religion for the increasingly secular American media and part of the populace.

    I have no idea who to vote for either. Would have had an easier time picking in the French election, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen what the other candidates have to say. He makes about as much sense as they do, it's very entertaining to watch from the outside.

    It does seem to be a choice of which condiment to have on the dog sh** sandwich though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)