"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Well, That Was Odd...

I've been mulling it over in my head for several days now.  What does it mean when a random guy, who was in one of my classes last semester--and never really spoke to me--comes up to me, starts making smalltalk, and finally gives me gentle reminder that its raining outside, so I should be sure to put my coat on when I make the trek back to my dorm? It struck me as strange since not only have I never really exchanged more than two words with him, but he was with a group of his friends and didn't need someone to talk to.  I'm sure it was nothing at all, but I was curious to get your opinions.  It's not very often that this sort of thing happens.  I'm a usually shy and quiet person, so people tend to leave me alone, or at most just smile and nod in my general direction.

10 comments:

  1. haha someone likes emmy is what I think :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he has taken a fancy to you.

    When I was about 17 or so I decided I wanted to know a girl that was not in my circle of friends and was at the time unavailable. I decided that no matter how long it took I was going to get to know her at least on the friendly speaking level. I started by approaching her with small talk. It took many months but we eventually became close for a while. It took four months just to get to the level of asking her out but it was worth it.

    I haven't seen her in 55 years but I still consider her a friend. I hope her memories of me are as pleasant as mine are of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Thanks for the input, you guys :)

    And OF, that is such a sweet story! I'm sure she remembers you just as fondly as you remember her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were to guess, I would say that he had a crush on you but never got up the guts to talk to you in class. He has probably been kicking himself for not making a move. Once he saw you again he decided to face his fear and actually talk to you.
    Did he seem nervous at all? That would be a good indication of how much he likes you; if he is the shy type...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really remember if he was nervous or not. I guess he was acting a little bit awkward, but I WAS very tired, and not in the proper mood for picking up on details like that. I do remember, however, that his eyes seemed to be open rather wide, almost like he was staring at me. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it would depend on if he ever tries to talk to you again. If he does, then I would say that he likes you. If the encounter never repeats itself then I would chalk it up to the absurdities of life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is always so absurd. If I'll be chalking it up to the absurdities of life, then I certainly won't be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep. Someone has a crush on the Librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BOYS.

    Love it. Emmy, we should have some email gossip time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Chess....

    Ooh! Yes, let's! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)