"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vegetarian?

Yeah...So, thanks to a wonderful friend, Professor Thomas (a faux professor if there ever was one), the Roomie and I are going vegetarian for a week. It's already been several days, and I'm finally starting to get used to it. Basically, Professor Thomas was ranting one day at dinner about how much he loves meat, and how he could never understand how someone could live without it. Well, I told him that it wasn't that hard, and to prove it, the Roomie and I both went vegetarian for a week. We have to make it until Wednesday.

The hardest part for me is not that I don't get to have meat, but that there aren't a ton of tasty/filling vegetarian options in the cafeteria. So, the Roomie and I have been trying all kinds of weird foods and find ourselves sneaking out of the dorm like every night for midnight snacks, because by the time midnight rolls around, we're hungry again.

I think I miss fish most of all. We're going lacto-ovo vegetarian. So, no meat and no fish. (But, we can still have milk and eggs).

2 comments:

  1. I love that. "Faux professor." That's fantastic! Thanks so much for your comment! Good luck making it until Wednesday. You can do it!

    PS. Yay English majors! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny to hear your story, because the dorm cafeteria actually made me give up being a veggie, which I had been for three years. You're right, there wasn't much to eat, and our salad bar always looked as if the lettuce had been left out for three days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)