"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Want A Butler

Yes, you read that right, dear readers: I want to have a butler. Actually, I've been thinking about this for several years now, starting right after I first was drawn into the world of P.G. Wodehouse. But, please don't believe this is because I'm too lazy to do my own cleaning (I just hate to clean) and its not because I'm so prideful that I believe I deserve one. No, actually, I just really want one. It would be so cool! I mean, who wouldn't want their own personal Jeeves?

Perhaps this is just me being the naive American with a passion for the British, but in all the books I've read and movies I've seen, the butler always has so much potential to be an awesome character! I think it would be amazing to be able to have someone like that in my household. (Of course, I would never be able to afford a butler; if I am a librarian, I'd have no use for a butler because I wouldn't be home much. If I was a writer for a living, I'd be living in a cardboard box on the side of the road because I doubt my writing would be good enough to support me. :P But, even so, I still would love to have a butler...

12 comments:

  1. Maybe you could marry a butler Emmy! Well, a young, butler in training.

    This makes me want to watch 'Arthur'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butlers are a special breed and very professional. To be a butler is a calling like a preacher or a pilot. They are called to it and so must do it. They are not servants and in all cases are above those they serve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. You do know that if someone gets killed, that it's always the butler? Are you sure you want to invite that kind of danger into your home? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em, get a valet, much better. Jeeves was a valet :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this reminds me of a blog I did back in the day about wanting a chaffeur! Sadly us librarian types are very unlikely to ever have need of butlers or chaffeurs, but it would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Steven...

    Perhaps it would be nice to marry a butler, but then my engagement plans with Mr. T are totally going to fall through! (all my friends tease me about how much I like Mr. T-- say I'm going to marry him :P)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Steven...

    But still...do you know of any cute, young, and availble butlers looking for a date? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Oldfool...

    You are quite right. Even so, I think it would be amazing to have one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chess...

    Gasp! I never thought of that...oh dear...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Javmango...

    Yes, you are completely right! I should get a valet because then he would be more like Jeeves...but wouldn't that make me Bertie Wooster? (Not exactly a good thing :P)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Bookish Barbara...

    Perhaps we librarian types should fight for our rights to have butlers and chaffeurs? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. rofl mr. t. ohh emmy, you crack me up :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)