"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Monday, June 14, 2010

Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula

Yes, you read that correctly. This is my current summer reading choice: Sherlock Holmes Vs. Dracula by John H. Watson, edited by Loren D. Estleman

It's actually surprisingly good. I've read various Sherlockain adaptations, and most of them leave you feeling a little cheated, or a little soured at the end. They just don't hold up to the original. Of course, I'm only on the third chapter, but this book has really impressed me so far. Hopefully, the excitement will continue.

To anyone who chooses to read this book, I cannot stress how important it is that you read the Forward and the Preface, because they disclose so much about the story. It's worth the extra ten minutes or so that it would take to review it.

The reviews say that this is supposed to be a treat for both Sherlockian and Dracula fans alike; I happen to be both :3

If you're interested in other adaptations from Sherlock Holmes, or book recommendations of any kind (adaptations, etc.) I'd be happy to supply them. Just type them in with your comments :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)