"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, July 23, 2010

The Old Dark House

As promised, here is my review of The Old Dark House, starring Boris Karloff and Melvyn Douglas...

A quick review of the plot for those of you not familiar with this film: a group of travellers find themselves stranded in a storm in Wales and seek shelter in a dark and mysterious mansion. There, they are greeted by a frightening, scarred, mute butler Morgan (Karloff) and his masters Ms. Rebbecca Femm and her brother Horace. The group is soon joined by two more travellers, also caught in the storm. It's the classic stereotypical horror story.

I thought all-in-all, it was an interesting movie, although, of course, it was not as good as the other Karloff movies I have seen. I'd say that if you were interested in the genre (classic horror films) then I'd check this one out. If not, then I would say pass. As a fan of the genre, I found it to be a fun way to enjoy a stormy night, but the rest of the family didn't agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)