"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, October 10, 2015

31 Days of Halloween #10

I love documentaries. And honestly, I'll watch them about anything.  Monsters, aliens, mysterious disappearances, social taboos, wildlife, famous people....the list goes on and on.  Mostly, though...I love to watch ones about creepy stuff.  The funny thing is that the creepy stuff leaves me all creeped out.  I'm in a very bad relationship with creepy.  I love it, but I always feel on edge afterwards, like I'm about to jump out of my skin.  Still, like a crack junkie or a chocoholic, I just can't get enough.

A Toynbee Tile

So, this is a list of some creepy documentaries.  Some of you might want to watch, while some might be just a little too creepy.  I feel ya.  I'm not sure if I'll be watching all of these myself, either.

When you're done checking out that list, here are a few more that weren't included that really should have been.  These are two of my favorite creepy documentaries.


This first video is just the trailer, but this is one of my favorite documentaries: Ressurect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles.  What are the Toynbee Tiles?  Well, there's a lot to say about them, so I'll be brief.  They're mysterious tiles that have been appearing in the pavement on roads and crosswalks.  They have haunting, unsettling messages about a plot to resurrect the dead on Jupiter.  It sounds crazy, but this documentary is legitimately unsettling and awesome.  Check it out!

This second one is not nearly as chilling, but still really interesting.  Its about a Bible called "The Devil's Bible" and legend says it was written by one monk in one night after he asked the Devil to save him from being executed.  Chilling, unusual, and interesting, I hope you enjoy this one as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)