"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Tuesday, October 20, 2015

31 Days of Halloween #20

When I was a kid, I always wanted a cat.  However, I learned at a fateful sleepover that I was horribly, horribly allergic to cats, and having one was just never going to happen without a rigorous series of allergy shots (I once looked into it.  It'll take about 3 to 5 years, which I'm just not willing to do).

Now, I would consider myself more of a dog person.  They're sweet, friendly, and always ready to play.  I feel like cats are a bit more aloof and harder to warm up to.

But, what if there was a cat that acted like a dog?  If I wasn't allergic, this would be an awesome pet.  Want to make it even more "Emmy approved"?  How about making that little dog-cat more...wolflike?  Like, how about a werewolf?  What?  Em, what are you talking about?  Well, there is just such a thing! 



Meet the Lykoi.  This adorable little kitty is also affectionately known as the "wolf cat" or the "werewolf cat".  Their patchy fur was caused by a genetic mutation, and their personalities are incredibly dog-like.  Did I mention they are also rare and expensive?  Some kittens go for more than $2000!

I want one.  I mean, I love werewolves.  I love cats.  And I love how friendly and sweet dogs are.  What is better than a cat that looks like a werewolf and acts like a dog?  I can't think of anything!  (Okay, I take that back.  The ability to fly is way cooler than this cat, but I hardly think that counts).

What do you think of the Lykoi?  I feel like this is a look you either love or hate.  Part of me feels bad that we're purposely breeding cats with patchy fur, kind of like how we breed hairless cats like the Sphinx.  But, that being said, is this cat ugly or cool?  I think cool, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)