"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, October 3, 2015

31 Days of Halloween #3

I have always loved comedy, and I always thought it would be fun to be an actor.  I think with a little time and effort, I could be halfway decent, but there is one thing I will never master--improv.  There is something very intimidating about going into something without any prior practice.  I like to have all my ducks lined up in a neat little row.  Not having that throws my whole world into chaos.

Now, at the library where I work, I've given impromptu classes (like, I prep beforehand, but I don't have a specific speech planned out).  But, all the same, I don't think I could get up on a stage and be funny without some proper preparation.

 

Day 3: Franken-Improv
 
For today's posting, I wanted to do something a bit funny.  So, I've included here two Frankenstein-themed improv skits.  The first is from Who's Line is it Anyway? and the second is from Rhett and Link's show Good Mythical Morning.

To start with, here's a bit with my favorites, Colin and Ryan.  Ryan is Dr. Frankenstein, and Colin is a very light-footed Igor.


A note about this second video.  Rhett and Link have a YouTube show called Good Mythical Morning, and they end each day's episode with a little skit using a prompt that they are given right beforehand.  This video is part of a series that took the dialogue and animated it.  I hope you enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)