"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, October 17, 2015

31 Days of Halloween #17

I don't listen to a lot of podcasts.  Not because I have any issues with podcasts, of course--I once tried to spearhead an initiative to create one for our library (but it never took off).  I guess I just haven't listened to too many of them to have much of an opinion.
 



Then a friend told me about Welcome to Night Vale.  It's a podcast that she describes as NPR meets The Twilight Zone.  Think local radio talk-show where everyday news includes a glowing cloud hovering over city hall, the mysterious doings of the sheriff's secret police, and a indescribable shape that no one will speak of.

The podcast is actually a lot of fun.  Our narrator/DJ, Cecil, is funny, charming, and pleasant to listen to.  The whole thing is very lulling.  I often listen to it before I go to bed as a good way to wind down, instead of reading a book like I normally do.  If you want to listen to Welcome to Night Vale yourself, you can access it for free here.  Even better, the site allows you to download the files (again, for free) so you can listen to it on your iPod, phone, or other mobile device!

I don't have much else to say here, but go check this out.  Its such a quirky piece, and I really hope you like it!  They are already up to about 70 episodes, and the series updates twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)