"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, October 9, 2015

31 Days of Halloween #9

I love some good music.  As you've seen in two of my Halloween posts so far this year, I am always on the lookout for good Halloween music.  Of course, I have my classics: "Werewolves of London," "Thriller," "Monster Mash," and anything by Alice Cooper (especially, in these cases "Under the Bed," "Feed My Frankenstein," and "Lullaby").

I don't generally look for lists, however, because they generally just include a songs I've already heard a million times before.



So, when I found this list from Gruemonkey on Facebook, I got really excited.  What's better than a handful of Halloween songs?  Try 60!  I've only heard a few of these, so I'm thrilled to have found a whole collection of titles that I'll have to check out :)

Click on the link above to access the page.  Also, below, I'm including a few of my favorites that haven't made it onto the list (but just a few!)

For this first one, you'll have to wait about a minute and a half for the song to kick in, but I wanted to include the video with original animation.  Besides, most of the versions I was seeing on YouTube were remixes.


And this second one in particular always gives me the chills.  I'm not sure if it's actually meant to be creepy, but I have always thought so.  I first heard it played as background music for the game Alice is Dead.


Well, that's all for today!  Do you have a favorite Halloween song that didn't make it on to the list?  Please let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)