"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Monday, April 5, 2010

Odysseus

You saw me and hid yourself behind a tree,
But I spied you peering out through the leaves.
You are a cunning one, Odysseus,
But I feel that you are soft behind that mind;
There is no threat in your presence.
But still I feel silly as a child,
And I fear I have made a fool of myself before you.
Please, Odysseus, forgive me
If I made you feel uncomfortable.
But there is something about you
That ties up my tongue;
That steals my thoughts.
And I rather fancy that I love it.
You catch me off guard
And make me vulnerable.
I am waiting for you amongst my other suitors
And my fate as of now is still in the air.
I am waiting for someone else to make a move
Because I am not ready to reveal my hand.
If you want me then I am ready for you,
But the choice is yours; you must make the first move.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 17, 2015

    I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one these days.


    Look at my web site: AC Repair Thousand Oaks - Camarillo Heater Repair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)