"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Librarian Jokes


So, I just posted a quick blurb about a reference to awesome librarians on MLIA. Well, since I've just "come out of the bookstore" about being a librarian, (at least with you guys...my friends have known for YEARS) I wanted to toss out a quick challenge for all of you...

Wanting to be a librarian is not exactly mainstream, and I get teased about it a lot (not bad teasing, just bad jokes ;P) and I can tell you that I've heard just about EVERY SINGLE librarian joke ever told. Well, here's your challenge...Come up with one I don't know! One I haven't heard! Are you up to the challenge?

Here are a few of the more memorable ones...

~"Emmy, are you going to wear your hair in a bun when you're a librarian? I mean, you already have the glasses."

~"I hope you like drinking tea; it's all librarians are allowed to drink."
-Professor Thomas

~"You're not mean enough to be a librarian." :'(

And my personal favorite....from Willoughby:

~"You'd make a wonderful librarian: you're short and female." O.o

Um...what does that even mean, Willoughby?? Seriously. (Someone needs a better sense of humor...or perhaps just needs one in general...)

So, thou hast thine quests, fine Readers! Librarian jokes! (and I'll post my favorites later on!)

1 comment:

  1. Secretly, I think it would be SOO fun to be a librarian. But I don't want to go to grad school!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)