"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Friday, May 21, 2010

One Bloody Thing After Another


Summer reading has continued on into this new book: One Bloody Thing After Another by Joey Comeau. It was a weird book, to be honest, but I did enjoy it. It was dark, creepy, and at parts, downright gross, which I did not like, but honestly, I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Would I recommend it? Not sure. This would be one of those books that falls into a grey area. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to read it again or pass it on to someone else.

Does this mean that I'm done with The Hobbit? Of course not. One thing I do a lot while reading is that I dip into several different books at the same time. The Hobbit is a familiar one, and an old favorite, so I can easily balance it with another book. And its also very comforting while I'm reading something scary. Yes, this one gets scary, too, but at least I know that everything will work out alright in the end.

So, that's one book down for summer reading:

One Bloody Thing After Another by Joey Comeau

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. @Javmango...

    I do, too. Its really cool, because the letters are clear and glossy, so you have to tilt the book the right way to read it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so clear they are unclear? hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)