"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Monday, May 17, 2010

Summer Reading/ What I'm Reading Now

Summer is finally here for me, and I'm finally able to get some reading done :) So, I wanted to announce that, for the summer, I'm going to have a section on the blog sidebar that's dedicated to what I'm reading now. (Just in case you want some ideas for books) and what I think of my current reads.

If you have any reading suggestions, please include them in COMMENTS :) I would love to hear about some new books. I like to read a little of everything, so please don't hesitate to suggest anything. (The only books I ask that you don't recommend is Harry Potter or Twilight). Thanks, guys!

Currently, I'm reading one of my all-time favorite books: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein. I've read this about 10 times now, but every time it gets a little bit better :)

For those of you who are not familiar with this book, The Hobbit is the prelude to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and tells the story of Bilbo Baggins, a sweet, quiet sort of fellow (and yes, a Hobbit) who finds himself wrapped up in this crazy quest to help a band of dwarfs reclaim their lost treasure and kingdom from the dragon Smaug. A wonderful, wonderful read. Highly recommended!

6 comments:

  1. Does this mean you DON'T LIKE Harry Potter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chess...

    I'm sorry! I'm just not that into Harry Potter or Twilight. I've read the first 2 1/2 Twilight books and saw the first Harry Potter movie.

    (I did, however, LOVE Nightlight, which is a spoof of Twilight. Very funny book).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Chess, I'm with Emmy of the H.P. Though I have read and own all but the last...hardcover no less...What's up with that?!

    Psst, Emmy...It's 'Lord of the Rings' Trilogy ;)

    Sorry, couldn't resist dear...many years amongst the Tolkien and Dungeon and Dragons "geeks".

    Have you read 'The Silmarillion' yet? Or is that a dumb question?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Steven...

    Thank you, Steven, I'll correct that right now ;) Also, I have not read "The Silmarilion" yet...what is it about? Or is that a dumb question on my part? :x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate Twilight. But are you saying you didn't read HP and only saw the movies? Because I hate the movies. They ruin the books! Please don't judge the books based on the movies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emmy, you silly girl. Never take anything but my compliments seriously!

    Did you add 'prelude' as well? If so...sexy.

    I would say 'The Silmarillion' equates roughly to Genesis through Deuteronomy of the Old Testiment...King James version. Maybe fewer 'begats'. You really need to be hard core to go there. Shoot for 'Farmer Giles of Ham' if you want to read outside of the big four.

    I was looking all over for your list in the side colomn...then I read your post :( But I understand.

    Diggin' the Paul Muldoon! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)