"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Julius Caesar and Sir Gawaine

This weekend is going to be fun, consisting of two projects and the looming threat of finals. First, I have been asked by my brother to help him proofread an essay on Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, and then I have to start a 5-6 page essay on Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, a poem written in Middle English that retells one of Sir Gawain's adventures. Its going to be difficult, since I'm not using a translated version to read the play. I love Old English, Middle English, and of course, our modern idiom, but even so, its not the easiest challenge. The paper is due on Wednesday, but if I need some extra time, my professor said he would let us turn it in on Friday. I want to be done by Wednesday.

While all this is going on, I still find myself struggling with my own issues. First, I'm still not completely over Odysseus, and the more I think about what he's said to me, the more angry I get. He's really hurt me this past week, and I really wish I hadn't even given him those two weeks of my life. I don't honestly know if it was worth it or not. On top of this inner struggle, I have the looming threat of finals on the horizon, and I haven't had a good night's sleep in a week. I'm barely surviving, mostly relying on Moutain Dew to help me make it from day to day. I need the caffeine to function. (And speaking of Moutain Dew, they have three limited time flavors out, and they're actually pretty good :) You should check them out: White Out is citrus flavored, Typhoon is tropical, and Distortion is lime. Typhoon is the best.)

3 comments:

  1. you know i dont think you can actually get mountain dew in my country anymore, they must have banned it or something... anyway good look reading old english gibberish speak :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATED my medieval lit class. Haha. But I do remember reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Good luck girl! I know you can do it. My finals are this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness though, you sure are busy! Good luck with everything. Got a laugh out of your story about laundry day and the video was great. Last time I went to the laundromat one person had all eighteen washers busy -- I decided to go across town to another place. Some people are SO rude.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)