"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Last Weekend (Bittersweet)

As I'm sure you've guessed from the title, this is to be my last weekend on campus. After that, the wonderful Roomie and I are to be separated for three whole months, and the chances of seeing any of my other friends are pretty slim as well, seeing as they all live pretty far away. I'm really, really going to miss them.

This weekend is bittersweet. Part of me wants to take advantage of it as much as I can, enjoying life to the fullest and spending all my time with everyone. Unfortunately, its also Mother's Day weekend, and yes, I miss my family a lot. However, as much as I really want to see them today, I just keep on telling myself that in less than a week, we're going to be together again. Less than a week. I won't see my friends for three months. Still...

Okay, okay, I'll just get it out in the open. My parents want me to come home this weekend. I told them that I wanted to stay and see my friends for the last time. My parents were supposed to come up and have lunch to celebrate Mother's Day. Now, they want me to come home and stay home for the weekend, but that means giving up all my plans for time with my friends. I know I'm being selfish, but I liked it better before they started tampering with a game plan that we had established about a month and a half ago, which was that they come in for lunch, and I stay here for the last time.

I hope everything works out in the end. I don't know what to do.

4 comments:

  1. this is just a thought coming from my own personal experience, but maybe you should try to explain to your parents just how important this last week is to you. After you finaly do leave collage you might not see some of your friends again. i know that this is only for 3 months at the moment, but its these times when there is slightly more tension because you are leading up to something, an ending lets say, that you will find things worth remembering. mothersday is really just a made up event i know in britain its all ready been and gone this year. you can always make a special weekend with your parents when you are off for 3 months. the major plus with this eventuality is the weeked won't be jaded by your conflicting feelings.

    don't pay too much heed to this. it's really just my musing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that they call this situation: Life.

    Generally, it does work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Javmango is right. Honesty is the best policy. Let them know how much this means to you, and definitely promise them an entire weekend to them. It'll work out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmy,

    Wanted to let you know that Paul Muldoon is ordered and on it's way. I read a bit of his work online. Yes. Good recommendation. I will ALWAYS come to your Library.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)