"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Lone Bagpipe Player

It's Memorial Day weekend. As my family and I were driving to mass, we experienced something beautiful. Our route to the church involves driving by a small cemetery, and standing in the middle of it, facing one of the graves, was man dressed up in the full costume of a bagpipe player. His beautiful melody floated across the cemetery, a beautiful thank-you to all the soldiers buried there. It was a touching tribute to all those soldiers who were/are fighting for us.

I want to say thank you to this man. He showed what it means to be an American. It's more than just flying a flag; it's about living the ideals that our country was founded on, and remembering all those who strive to protect us and make our country what it is today.

I have an uncle who is currently stationed in Iraq. God bless our troops.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the dander advice Emmy...I forgot I have a whole box of saline stuff...the nose is purged!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)