"Take no heed of her...She reads a lot of books."
~Jasper Fforde


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Poetry Reading Update

So, I'm back! And all in one piece still (even though my head is kind of killing me). No, dear readers, I was not getting drunk; I'm just tired, and it was very loud there. The poetry reading was a lot of fun, though, and really enjoyed all of it! At the end, there was time for open mike, and an estranged friend got up and read a poem about his experiences in the United States (he's from South America). It was a beautiful poem and it made me smile. If he gives me permission, I will post it for you. ;)

No, we did not drink...We're underage; I'm sure you have figured it out by now...but the Roomie had a friend offer to buy her a drink, but she turned it down, because she didn't realize that when he offered to "buy her something to drink," he meant that he wanted to buy her alcohol, not more Pepsi. :P Oh, that silly, silly girl.

I'm definitely coming back next year; and I'm going to write some poetry and read it aloud. That would be a lot of fun. What do you guys think?

5 comments:

  1. Estranged friend? Are you back to being friends?! If so, wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy,

    You must get up and read!

    Do share.I would love to read your work...point me in the right direction if you have some available.

    I am going to hunt down Paul Muldoon...thanks for the tip.

    More Pepsi...very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun emmy :) i would have gone for the drink though :P

    If you have the confidence read aloud. I'm sure whatever you write will be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone...It feels so good to know that you have such confidence in me! Perhaps I will post some poetry...Or gain the confidence to read it aloud. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to comment ;)